Saturday, April 23, 2011

How do you celebrate your special occassions?

Yesterday, April 22nd, my wife Debbie and I celebrated 29 years of marriage. It was, to say the least, a very low key event. A little errand running together, which we rarely do,  a little entertainment and a nice meal.

The thought struck me, that perhaps we really did not C E L E B R A T E each other, but acknowledged the day as special, spent a little more time together than normal and broke bread.

There was a time when I took these events very seriously. Flowers, trips, gifts, romance, excessive food, etc. What happened and are we the only ones who have "dumbed down" our PDA, our romance, our zest for life together?

Any ideas or input on how to get that spark back? She certainly deserves more than I delivered...


No comments: